- City Services
- Garbage & Recycling
Garbage & Recycling
Central Cariboo Transfer StationThe City of Williams Lake Landfill closed and the Central Cariboo Transfer Station opened in 2003.
Collection and Holiday Schedule
If your regular scheduled collection day falls on a statutory holiday, the collection of your solid waste and recycling will not happen that day. Instead, your collection day for that week will move ahead by one day. For example, if your regular scheduled collection day is Monday and it falls on a statutory holiday, your collection day as well as everyone else's regular scheduled collection day will move ahead by one day.
To find out more about these changes and how they affect you, read the garbage collection guide that includes:
- Collection do's and don'ts
- Collection schedule including holiday changes
- Residential collection route
Garbage Cart Service Level Change
Applications for "Service Level Change" for the new City of Williams Lake garbage and recycling carts are now being accepted.
Landfill Ban on Recyclables and Product Stewardship Locations in Williams Lake
Please click here to read about the ban on recyclables at the Transfer Station, and where recyclables can be dropped off.
If you have additional items not suitable for garbage or recycling collection, please consider donating items to our local thrift stores in Williams Lake.
- Will my solid waste and recycling be picked up when my collection day lands on a statutory holiday? What is the garbage collection schedule?
- Why must I have my solid waste carts on the curb before 7:00am on the morning of my collection day? Why can’t I put them on the curb the night before?
- What is the cost if my carts are lost, broken, or stolen?
- How do I know which cart is mine if I get them mixed up with the neighbor’s carts?
- During the winter months, where do I put my cart?
- What can I put in my recycle cart?
- Why can’t I put glass in my recycling cart? It is recyclable.
- Can I get another solid waste or recycling cart if I need more?
- What if I have a secondary suite in my residence and I want another set of carts?
- What if I generate more garbage per week than I can put in my garbage or recycling cart?