Protective Services

firehall

History of Williams Lake Fire Department


The Williams Lake Fire Department (WLFD) was formed in 1929 and incorporated in 1930. The first motorized pumper was acquired in 1947 and is now housed in the building outside the old fire hall (now Arts & Culture building); it is a 1947 Chevrolet Maple Leaf. The WLFD is dispatched through a pager system originating from Prince George Fire Dispatch-911 Emergency.

Tours


Free tours of the Fire Hall are available by appointment. Please book at least 1 week ahead, ask for Rob Warnock when setting up your visit.

The Team


The WLFD maintains a roster of 43 members; 3 career and 40 paid on call.

Fire Chief History

Term Fire Chief
1929-1930 Bob Blair
1930-1957 Claude Huston
1957-1964 Sid Pigeon
1964-1965 Hank Fort
1965-1988 Marce Poirier (first paid on call personnel)
1988-2008 Dale Moon
2008-2013 Randy Isfeld
2013-Present Des Webster

Apparatus

Type Call Sign
Fast Attack Truck Engine 11
Triple Combination Pumper Engine 12
Triple Combination Pumper Engine 14
75' Ladder Apparatus Ladder 11
2500 Gallon Tanker Tender 11
2011 Dodge 4x4 Chief-1
2015 Chevrolet 4x4
Chief-2
2000 Chevrolet 4x4 Chief-3
24' Hazmat Trailer N/A
16' Structure Protection Unit N/A
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5