Why Retire In Williams LakeWilliams Lake is a small city with all the amenities of a larger centre minus the traffic jams, line-ups and over crowdedness. The City of Williams Lake population 10,744, is the heart of a vast range of activity and landscapes. Located in the centre of the province it is only a 6 hour drive from Vancouver or 3 to Kamloops. Using Williams Lake as a starting point, no matter which direction you choose to go, you will find yourself in a different environment. To the north, dense forests; to the south dry, arid canyons where sagebrush and colorful cactus grow; to the east snowcapped mountains, lush forests, lakes and rivers abound, while to the west the Chilcotin plateau opens onto a wide open plain before rushing headlong into the majestic coastal mountains. Amidst it all the outdoor recreation opportunities are limitless. Or if you prefer to stay close to home the City of Williams Lake has everything you need, including ample opportunity to get involved with volunteer organizations and clubs of your choosing.
Williams Lake boasts an ideal four seasons climate with hot summers and crisp winters.
- Annual Rainfall: 26.88 cm (10.75 inches)
- Annual Snowfall: 192 cm (76.8 inches)
- Average July Temperature: 15.5°C (59.9°F)#
- Average January Temperature: - 8.7°C (16.34°F)#
- Average Frost Free Days: 120#
- Growing Season - Late May to Mid-September
- Annual Sunshine: 2,082.1 hours
- Elevation: 940 meters (3,084 feet)