B.C.'s COVID-19 Immunization Plan
On March 1, 2021, the Province announced the next phase of B.C.’s COVID-19 Immunization Plan. In the coming weeks, Interior Health will be moving ahead to provide immunizations to many more people, starting with those who are most vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19.
As of March 8, eligible seniors can call a dedicated IH phone line and make an appointment to receive their COVID-19 vaccine. The phone line, 1-877-740-7747, will be staffed from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., PST, seven days a week.
People are asked to call in according to the groupings below:
- March 8: Seniors born in or before 1931 (90 years+) and Aboriginal peoples born in or before 1956 (65 years+) may call to book their vaccine appointment.
- March 15: Seniors born in or before 1936 (85 years+) may call to book their vaccine appointment.
- March 22: Seniors born in or before 1941 (80 years+) may call to book their vaccine appointment.
You can find more information about the phase two vaccine rollout for the public, including how to book appointments here.
The Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, also announced that the Province is extending the timing between first and second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to 16 weeks. This comes as evidence demonstrates the first dose provides strong and effective results protecting those who have been immunized. Taking this step will help more people receive their first dose, sooner.
Please visit the following for more information:
- Vaccine appointments for seniors: Information to support eligible seniors in booking COVID-19 immunizations as of Mar.8, 2021. Note: Seniors can have a family member or a friend book their appointment. It is easy and safe to book over the phone.
- B.C.’s COVID-19 Immunization Plan: The information on this page was updated today (Mar. 1, 2021) and includes details about Phase 2 of the provincial plan, as well as future phases.
COVID-19 vaccine information: This page includes information specific to Interior Health, including how to book an appointment for eligible seniors, as of Mar. 8.