Zoning is a way of regulating the use of land by designating properties for a specific range of permitted uses, densities, siting and building form. In Williams Lake, all properties are assigned a specific zone, which is described in the Zoning Bylaw
. Some developments may require an amendment to the zoning bylaw or property zone.
This bylaw is enforced by the City’s Bylaw Enforcement Department
The purpose of zoning is:
• To maintain order, efficiency and harmony in the use of land in the community;
• To establish and promote minimum standards for the health, safety, convenience and welfare of the public;
• To prevent overcrowding of lands;
• To secure adequate light, air and access; and
• To protect property values.
Some developments may require an amendment to the zoning bylaw or property zone. An application is assessed by staff, considered by Council, and includes public consultation. Please contact us to discuss your proposal prior to applying.
The zoning bylaw and map are subject to change from time to time. It is strongly advised to confirm zoning information with Planning staff.
Zoning Bylaw Amendment Guide
Zoning Bylaw Amendment Application